Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Know Me? ~In your eyes I'm . . .

Because when you asked I answered. . . so you thought you did; however you don’t know me . . . but you could if you tried




How much better would I be if I kept it hid so you wouldn’t see?
You would think so much more of me; but, I wonder how much better would I really be?


Would you think it was great that I refused to love?


Oh that’s right you wouldn’t care to know.
Would virtue then be added to me; and better yet, would it show?


Would you then say I am kind and sweet, taking note of my generosity?
Just one of many traits you didn’t see when you thought you knew me.


You thought you knew me from one word and a look


It can’t tell you how smart I am, it reveals not health, nor wealth, nor lie.
And yet I can’t clearly explain it as attraction, or feelings, or drive.


I would love to say it’s the soft and sweet
but unpredictable is what it turns out to be


As unpredictable as Love


I just want to say it’s NATURAL to me, but that’s not allowed in this society
And it’s common knowledge that is God who’s condemning me.
YOU say if it were up to you, you would leave me be.


But I simply do not believe any of that is true
God loves me, but YOU think you know me, thus I’ll never do.


In your eyes I’m not His child Loved unconditionally – You feel you are much better than me
And you think there is simply no way you will see . . .


Me in heaven?


Won’t you just be so surprised?


And there IS the chance the surprise will be mine . . .


I could be wrong, but YOU? Never!!!!! You Know ME


Kimberly White
January 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment