Thursday, March 24, 2011

Still ~*~ Holding Your Breath

Still ~*~ Holding Your Breath




One step one breath it all makes sense
That is until trouble steps in
With an all consuming thickness of air
That stifles breathing and leaves despair
Giving a vision that could be the end
As all turns dark – your world closes in
Not wanting to hear “Just give it time”
That’s crazy, that’s too much: My time is mine!
Not truly believing it’ll work out in the end


Not seeing the grace that makes amends


One step one breath just as it should go
Seconds into minutes that’s all I know
Forward motion just as progress implies
The progressive motion now being denied
Stuck with no air and accosted with pain
The end before completion is work in vain
not knowing what I feel and see isn’t true
because it really hurts, I can’t breath, can’t move
not able to see this breath’s not my last


Unable to remember “This too shall pass”


One step one breath, one day at a time
One foot then another is the way we climb
Right now I’m doing all I can do
For right now I’m unable to see my way through
Pathetically stuck, besieged on each side
Not willing to run, no place safe to hide
Not thinking emotions are funny that way
They come on so strong but then fade away
and all that I feel in the midst of pressure
Will change in some form, fashion, or measure


I’ll say this much - I can’t stand the pain


I stand still – I don’t breath – till I’m ready for change


How long will this go? – we’ll all wait and see
If I save myself or someone saves me


Princess Kimberly DBW  - Original March 24, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment