Thursday, May 19, 2011

after love lost, love won

after love loss, love won


The real reason I miss you just cant be explained
I loved how it felt
hearing you call my name


To have been in your presence, A blessing itself
I’d had rather been with you,
than any place else


My Prayers to my God were strong and sincere
I prayed for grace
and to Him I drew near


He knew my heart. He knew how it ached.
Because, although not intentional
my heart you did break.


And you taught me a lesson, you and my God.
A very hard lesson
(you spared no the rod).


Yet before you quickly grew tired of me
You blessed me in ways
I have yet to see


You showed me that I, despite my mistakes,
could attract a good person.
I have what it takes!


Before I met you I couldn’t believe
That someone as wonderful as you
Would truly love me


Although your fondness Never grew to love
It sent me a sign
From My God above


It said I’m special to Him And what He has for me
Is far greater and much grander
Than what I foresee


I worry a lot Because I make many mistakes
Yet He blesses me beyond
What should be my fate


And you were a blessing That helped me believe
That a good love will stay
But MY Love won’t leave


You were a good one You just were not mine
But I wished that you were
And would be for all time.


Requirements and qualifications Are an extensive list
And the children and I
Needed more than a wish


A wish can’t provide When help is needed
A wish can’t return love
Its purpose is defeated


So I couldn’t live wishing For someone who Will
But for someone who Does
I’ll wait and be still


If you were any indication Of what is to come
I’ll find contentment in waiting
For you to be outdone


You’re top of the line If anyone ever asks me
So if the plan is for better
Then so shall it be


And although it’s over you’re now just a friend
A new journey began
Because ours came to and end.




2004 ~ princess Original

No comments:

Post a Comment