Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Question of Faith >>>

A Question of Faith

I often wonder how it works.
Can I just believe?
I often wonder will it work,
will I live to see?

I often think of what it takes.
Do I have enough?
Just what shall I add to faith. . .
work, hope, love?

I cannot walk in faith alone . . .
Is it all I need?
Should I work to gather love,
or can I just believe?

Must I hope love will come?
Is it all for nought?
Can my faith stand alone,
when work comes to a halt?

When love cannot be felt or found,
will my faith succeed,
In reassuring me love abounds,
for God is love indeed.

When hope has been chiseled away,
by the storms of life.
Will faith help me stand my ground.
when I must deal with strife?

If I’m simply too exhausted
to find the strength within,
and I have to break from working . . .
Will my faith carry me then?

Can these questions be answered
or must I simply live and learn?
Is the answer right in front of me,
yet difficult to discern?

Is my faith enough?
Or will it require more,
when I left behind
as hope and love walk out the door
Is my faith enough,

when work is not allowed
will I be unable to see
a face among the crowd
Will it all over whelm me?
Will I drift away?
I’ll work hard, give and accept love
And hope my faith will stay.

In the end I hope to find
if in my works there is something I lack
and it comes to a point where faith isn’t enough
then Love has my back.

an Original ~Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment